SEL in Action at Thurgood Marshall
Thurgood Marshall is a Sanford Harmony Demonstration School. For the past two years, Thurgood Marshall has partnered with National University to implement Harmony daily within the classroom at school-wide.
What is SEL? “Social emotional learning (SEL) is the process through which boys and girls and adults acquire and effectively apply the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary for being a healthy adult. This includes problem-solving skills and intergender communication and understanding, as well as teaching kids to embrace diversity and build healthy relationships that will last well into adulthood.”
To access Sanford Harmony at home, click the link below.
Bronze Winner! TMES Is proud to have California PBIS Recognition. At TMES, we have a thriving PBIS committee and we find ways to support the culture and climate for students and staff.
What is PBIS? “As a “framework,” the emphasis is on a process or approach, rather than a curriculum, intervention, or practice. The “continuum” notion emphasizes how evidence- or research-based behavioral practices are organized within a multi-tiered system of support, also called “response-to-intervention” Within this definition, the mutually beneficial relationship between academic and social behavior student success is. Finally, the important supportive relationship between positive school- and classroom-wide culture and individual student success is emphasized.”
Supporting your child and their self-regulation during distance learning.
Parenting during distance learning and supporting the emotional needs of children.
Mental Health Resources
Apps for Mental Health
- San Diego County Resources, click here.
- Mental Health and COVID-19, click here
- PERT Team Chula Vista Link (619) 691-5151
- Talking to children about COVID-19
- Online Social Story for kids on COVID-19
- Quarantine Tips
- Helping Young Children Heal
- Managing Stress & Coping
- San Diego Access and Crisis: (888) 724-7240 (7 days a week/24 hrs. a day)
- Online crisis counselors to address mental health needs. Text “CONNECT” to 741741
- Helping Children Cope with Emergencies
- Working and Learning from Home
- Social Thinking at home free resources
- Social/Emotional Resources and Think Sheets
- Co-parenting during COVID-19
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness in San Diego (NAMI San Diego) is the community’s voice on mental illness. Free parent support groups. https://namisandiego.org/calendar/
CVESD Family Resource Centers
Chula Vista Community Collaborative continues to serve the community through two Family Resource Centers. Hours are 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Open Door Family Resource Center at Palomar High School (619) 407-4840
- Beacon Family Resource Center at Vista Square Elementary (619) 422-9208
TMES does not endorse any specific organization or website resources listed.